Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Notice Me, Senpai!

I've been gone for how long now? Man, the days go by really slow, but the weeks are flying by! I can hardly keep track of the different things we've done over this last week, but here's the adventures I've got:

The Stadium of Fire!
Last Saturday, July 1st, we watched the "Stadium of Fire".  The BYU sports stadium has a fun firework show as we celebrated our independence.

I loved talking about our religious freedoms that we have in this amazing country. I really do love this country.  I don't think I can properly explain my love for it other than God really does Bless America. Of course, this includes the rest of the world, but you know.

Sunday was the last time we saw our Dai-Senpai, but I left a small sticky note for them telling them that we loved them and we were grateful for their Christ-like example. They left around 2:30am on Monday.

Me, Blake 
Chōrō, Juchau 
Chōrō, and Rupp 
Chōrō

And the latest adventure I had was today. I am no longer a Kohai, but a mighty Senpai! All the new missionaries coming in were just about as nervous as I was, but I'm glad I was spared from the torture the Dai-Senpai inflicted. Contadini Chōrō, one of the (former*) Dai-Senpai, pretended he was one of the Kohai and only spoke Portuguese (even though he's pretty good at English). As I type, I'm sure he's still doing it now.

I'll make sure to politely shoot them and get to know them better, but there's 34 more total! That more than doubles our Japanese Zone compared to yesterday! I have no idea how the rest of the MTC is going to hold everyone.

* Portugal isn't very lenient on visas, so he has to wait up to ten days before he's shipped off to Japan. So now he's our Dai-Dai-Senpai.

 Class Mogi (Roleplay)​

Batman Kanji (the smaller letters, furigana, tell you how to pronounce it: 
"NaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNaNa -- BATMAN!")

 This is probably the same stone that hid the brass plates.​
(Rock at the MTC)

The Sacrament Prayers in Japanese​

Rupp 長老 has a small chess set! I'm happy he brought that.  Even though Chess can sometimes be stressful, it's good to know I've still got some tricks up my sleeve, and not to brag, but I think I'm the best in my Zone. Blake 長老 thinks otherwise.

My mission scripture. Can you guess why I like it?

Overall, is the MTC hard? Absolutely. But I'm learning this:
- One Day at a Time
- Let the MTC Change You
- Don't Forget that You're Not Alone
- Keep Tending to That Tree That is Your Testimony
- A Testimony is Knowing
- Conversion is Acting
- Christ Walks by Our Side Every Step of the Way
- Japanese is Not the Primary Thing I Need to Work On


Thank you for all of your amazing love and support!
~ Elder North
ノース長老

My amazing district


P.S. We have Zone Pictures! The ones I'll mainly share in my Emails will be from our district, but I'll send a link to those who'd like to see the other crazy Chōrō-tachi, just send me an Email and next week I'll reply with the Drive File! Oh! And the best time to send me Emails is pretty much any day except Wednesday, because I'm only given an "hour" to send this, but I can read Emails any time during the week, when appropriate of course.

Also, sorry if these Emails don't make too much sense, since many times they have to be a little rushed. They'll get better when I don't have quite as much to say.

-- 
​​

~ノース長老


No comments:

Post a Comment