Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Testimonial Gardening Tips from Elder North

Phew! Crazy day! It's a bit later than usual when I would send this. I've been thinking about major things that has newly happened at the MTC. And honestly, I'm finding it pretty difficult coming up with new stuff to say. And as I ponder over my journal and translate it over to an Email, I've got some things to say here:

Take a look at this scripture reference with the Vision of the Tree of Life in mind and with this thought -- the word is Christ and His Authorized Servants:
(Alma 32: 27-28)

27 But behold, if ye will awake and arouse your faculties, even to an experiment upon my words, and exercise a particle of faith, yea, even if ye can no more than desire to believe, let this desire work in you, even until ye believe in a manner that ye can give place for a portion of my words.

28 Now, we will compare the word unto a seed. Now, if ye give place, that a seed may be planted in your heart, behold, if it be a true seed, or a good seed, if ye do not cast it out by your unbelief, that ye will resist the Spirit of the Lord, behold, it will begin to swell within your breasts; and when you feel these swelling motions, ye will begin to say within yourselves—It must needs be that this is a good seed, or that the word is good, for it beginneth to enlarge my soul; yea, it beginneth to enlighten my understanding, yea, it beginneth to be delicious to me.
(Emphasis added)

Did you catch that? The seed of the Tree of Life can not only be a destination for a person or group of people, but also the person in their core as well. The Tree of Life can also be interpreted as missionary work at its center. How marvelous it is to give the fruit to others -- and here's another fun part! What's inside of fruit, other than deliciousness? Seeds! More seeds!
I'm no farmer, but can you imagine a whole world full of orchards of the Lord? Testimonies and others helping glorious forests? 
But here's where it begins. The seed. The seed, or the word of the Lord, in our hearts. And that seed has to break and take root before it grows onwards and upwards.
Man, this church is true!

As for some other minor things to explain:

Yes, I'm feeling better. I have a teensy tiny cough now. The Shimai-tachi in my District made sure I was doing fine -- they're an awesome mix between mothers and sisters.

We have new District Leaders! Elder Rupp and Elder Juchau are now the new top guys. I like them a lot. (Though, I really enjoyed Elder Andersen and Elder Mckinzie as our leaders)

We hosted some new missionaries today. It was kinda confusing since they were dropping them off in an underground parking lot under one of the new buildings. But I helped a young Elder who is going to Slovakia! Neato!

I'll never stop thanking you for your love and support. And if I don't mention it directly (because I'm sure I may forget a week or two of doing so) in my Email, I still think about each of you daily. My family and friends are so important to me. So again, thank you, and I love you.

~ Elder North

Pictures!
Not too many this week, I need to get better at shooting people. :3


This is an older Throwback, but ContadiniChōrō trapped our district leaders for half an hour because he opened the elevator doors, making it override and stop for half an hour.

Not too shabby for a guy without Photoshop. I enjoyed taking and editing this picture.


Juchau Chōrō wanted some practice before leaving to Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment