Wednesday, July 26, 2017

How Sweet the Sentence Is,

 Early morning Provo Temple walk​
こんにちは!

Unfortunately, I don't have the greatest news below this right here, but I promise I have great news later on:
I have come home from the MTC. I've been struggling with anxiety and my leaders, counselors, and I agree that I need to rest. I'm going to see a counselor to help me feel better about the stresses I have going on. Once I'm feeling better, I'll be in a better place to make a decision about my future.  The good news is that my options are still open. It's possible that I could still serve a full time mission. It's possible that I could do a service mission. It's possible I'll move on and go to college. But what matters now is that I am getting the help I need and I can start healing and feeling better. I appreciate all the love, prayers, and support on my behalf and on my family's behalf. I would never be near as close to where I am without your love and support and I wish I could say more than, "I love you, and thank you."

Now here's the good news, that sweet sentence as titled above: 
He Lives!
My goodness, if I could bear a testimony to hopefully guide you, to invite and help you on the right track it's this simple phrase: He Lives!
Brothers, Elders, Sisters, Friends, Family, I testify of His love for each and every one of us. God loves you. Christ walks with you. The Holy Ghost comforts you. They are aware of you and love you more than you can imagine.
I know that this is His church and I would never doubt it for a moment. I testify that the Book of Mormon is indeed a true testament of our Lord, Jesus Christ. And through Him, we can do all things. All we need is a particle of faith. And if that's too much, than we just need to hope in that. If you haven't tried it out for yourself, then I urge you will all my heart and being: Try it. And God will bless you forever for it. Read the Book. And as soon as you finish, read it again. And the sooner you finish it, the sooner you can finish it again.
I say this, and bear testimony of it in His Holy Name, Jesus Christ, 
Amen.

To lighten the mood a bit more, I have a list of fun random things to include I did not include in previous Emails -- these are in no particular order, and more than likely, better explained in person:

- My shoulder bag is haunted,
- I only lost one chess game because Blake 
Chōrō wouldn't accept defeat and melted my brain
- There's no such thing as too many cookies
- God makes things work out for everyone
- Missionary work doesn't stop here, it goes on and on
- Reach out and help a friend in need -- there are so many, just help them
- Learn the Language of the Spirit, it's more important than any other
- Ask me more!

I love you all so very much, and I thank our Heavenly Father each and every day for it. Thank you. 'Til we meet again!

~ Elder North

思い出:

Our (messy) Classroom​

Provo Temple​

Class in Session​

 Provo Utah Girls would marry a tree if it served a mission (confirmed!)​


No comments:

Post a Comment