Wednesday, June 28, 2017

The Tree in Me

This week has been truly amazing, yet again!

The beginning of this week was very hard. I had felt that the Japanese I was learning was a totally different language. Instead of learning how to count, I was learning how to bring the Japanese people to Christ. 

Nevertheless, I continued to pray, read my scriptures, and write in my journal.

I will now focus on yesterday and today:

How did the Lord answer my prayers?
Well, ten members of the Quorum of the 12 Apostles showed up of course! (I don't have photos, they were strict about that, sorry)

We had Elder Ballard, Elder Anderson, Elder Renland, Elder Rasband, Elder Christofferson, Elder Holland, Elder Bednar, Elder Cook, Elder Oaks, and Elder Stevenson. Needless to say, the Spirit was there.

I had sung in the choir (waaay fun, by the way -- our chorister is the same one in General Conference and he teaches us lessons as we sing), the song was "Praise to the Man" since yesterday was the commemoration of Joseph Smith's martyrdom. Which, was also broadcasted to all the other MTCs in the world -- I'm not sure if I was visible, but "Hi Mom!" anyways!

Have you guessed who spoke yet? Well the answer is in the next sentence:
Elder Bednar!

He spoke of many things, but he told us to concentrate on the feelings we had, so here are the things that stuck out to me the most:

The Word of God is Jesus Christ and His Authorized Servants' teachings.

When we plant the seed, that is the Word of God, in our heart, a tree begins to grow.

When that tree is matured and well taken care of, it springs fruit that is very desirable.

When we eat that fruit we want to share it with others.

Yes, the Tree of Life in Lehi's Dream can be interpreted as simply as a strong testimony of Christ. And what did Nephi want? A strong testimony. He followed that Iron Rod and beheld the great tree.

Now do ye really suppose that Joseph Smith's first draft could have just been all made up and influence millions around the world? 

I testify that if you grow and nurture that great tree of your's, you will not only see the benefits of your life, but other's as well. You will begin to see how amazing you are and how much the Lord loves you.

Today was more adventurous for us. We study in the new MTC buildings. So what do they do with the old ones? They leave them for Chōrō-tachi (many Elders) to raid those tombs. We found the old Japanese classrooms and saw where our senpai and dai-senpai studied. We of course looted the good stuff like a Japanese Flag, Maps of Japan, whiteboards, hymn books, markers, chalk, the Ark of the Covenant*, the Holy Grail*, and those weird stone things*, (pictures next week for our newly decorated room).
* <REDACTED>

Next week we're expecting 35 Japanese Missionaries coming in! Holy cat-cakes! Wish me luck until then!

I love you all very much and I thank you for the letters and love you send me.

~ Elder North
ノース長老


PICTURE TIME!

President Sekiguchi and his wonderful wife.

フライドポテいトのちく (The District of French Fries -- it's a weird name, but blame Rupp Chōrō) Left to Right:
​Kelley Shimai
Medieros Shimai

North Chōrō (He's pretty chill)
Blake Chōrō

Juchau Chōrō (turns our that was spelled right)
Rupp Chōrō

Andersen Chōrō
Mckinzie Chōrō

Dobbs Shimai
Thomas Shimai

Rupp Chōrō (left) and Andersen Chōrō (right) studying in the residence hall.

That great missionary is Mckinzie Chōrō (Companions with Andersen Chōrō, our District Leader), and we had to commemorate him on that great lesson he gave to Brother Bottle.

 Our Zone (I can't list them all, sorry)​

Eighth note.gifI'm going on a missionEighth note.gif


No comments:

Post a Comment