Wednesday, July 12, 2017

In Sickness and in Health

Getting sick isn't all that bad.​
ALT. TITLE: A Hot Summer ​Cold

This week has been another adventure! The weeks are beginning to blur and I find myself having a difficult time finding new things to talk about.

Unfortunately, I had caught a cold. A cold in the summer?! I'm shocked too. I had talked with my Branch President about this and he says it's not uncommon. In fact, he had a three-week long cold two weeks ago! Which he admitted that it could have been possible that I caught it from him. No hard feelings, President Murdock!

But isn't that one of the coolest things about the Atonement? Christ didn't just suffer for everyone's sins, but he also suffered pains and afflictions. Basically, he suffered all sorts of cancers, broken bones, sniffles, and pinches of pain. What a blessing it is to have Him as a comfort.

On Monday I was officially diagnosed by the MTC doctor with a cold and asked that I took it easy. So all day Tuesday was nothing but sleeping and drinking water. Various 
Chōrōs took "shifts" in taking care of me. Which really meant that they got to take a nap with me.

Now today was especially cool. The Provo Temple needs some help repairing some things and they asked our district to help set up some wallpaper! The prior wallpaper had to be removed, but the walls were severely damaged because of it. We didn't remove it, but new plaster had to be smothered on the wall to strengthen it. Our job was to sand down the details in the corners to make sure that when the wallpaper would lay flat, no bumps would be found. Thinking about plastering walls made me think about the film, From Up on Poppy Hill with Umi's little sister. Unfortunately, I don't have pictures, but it was quite strange being in Temple Work Clothes and sanding down the walls with a sponge and dust mask. Brother Jensen, the main contractor, had said we had done a fantastic job for three hours that would have taken his team ten hours to finish. It was wonderful to even slightly help rebuild His kingdom here on earth.

Welp, that's all the highlights for this week! 
I love each and every one of you!

-- 
~ノース長老

Rupp Chōrō's smirk as I beat him in chess.​

Blake Chōrō had a hard time admitting defeat.​

 



Mckinzie Chōrō is friends with the guy from the Meet the Mormons, "Bless4" video! Apparently, the 
Chōrō who went to L.A. helped convert Mckinzie's friend!​

The Shimai-tachi are super cool.​


日本語のネームタグ!(I'll get shot with it on later)​

I love this book! I couldn't help taking a picture of it.​

No comments:

Post a Comment